In our Rubaroo knowledge sharing series, parent champions Latha and Lakshmi talk about parent acceptance and involvement as key factors towards the health management of a child with a developmental disability.
- Parent acceptance of their child’s diagnosis is a crucial milestone towards helping the child.
- Find the nearest parent peer support groups near you.
- Therapy-based intervention + Home-based intervention = Therapy success for the child
- Parents must strive to learn their child’s unique needs in order to help them in the best possible way.
- Behavior problems can be regulated by ensuring your child is engaged in creative pursuits and does not remain idle.
- Parents must always ask questions/concerns they may have about their children’s health to do what is best to support their children.
Click on the video to know more
Check out other parent champions who talk about their child’s journey while sharing their valuable learning gathered through their inspiring tales.
We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to all the parent champions who invested their time and effort by sharing their inspiring story and invaluable experience with the wider parent community.
If you have questions about Autism, Down Syndrome, ADHD, or other intellectual disabilities, or have concerns about developmental delays in a child, the Nayi Disha team is here to help. For any questions or queries, please contact our FREE Helpline at 844-844-8996. You can call or what’s app us. Our counselors speak different languages including English, Hindi, Malayalam, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu, and Bengali.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this guide is for information purposes only. Please consult a qualified health practitioner to understand safe management.