In this video Special Educator & Auditory Verbal Therapist (AVT), Ms.Kim Chadda speaks about AVT therapy and its methodology
Here are the 10 Essentials of AVT
- Early detection & intervention during critical developmental ages.
- Selecting which hearing aid / cochlear implant is most suitable.
- Making parents the main drivers of the child’s listening / speaking.
- Helping parents bring listening/speaking to all parts of the child’s life.
- Creating auditory environments for daily activities that encourage listening skills.
- Engaging in one-to-one therapy.
- Monitoring progress via assessments for an individualised treatment program.
- Driving Integration/Inclusion: Empower the child to attend regular schools.
- Encouraging listening without sign language / lip-reading.
- Working in Sync: Parent + Rehabilitation Therapist + Audiologist + Teacher + Child.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this guide is for information purposes only. Please consult a qualified health practitioner for safe management.
Check this video too on Role of AVT habilitation when using hearing equipment